View Single Post
Old 03-27-07, 12:26 PM   #18
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Good MMORPG to start for n00bs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
So /leave general will still allow you to see guild invites?
90% of the time, you don't want to join a guild that advertises in /general. You meet people as you go, through the LFG tool, or maybe just running into someone by chance. General is not a good tool to use for this, strange as it sounds. This is not always the case, but if idle pointless banter annoys you then /general is the last place you want to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
It's not so much the joking around that gets to me. I actually laughed at that.. especially since the character was standing right next to me and it showed him cupping his hands to his face and shouting everything he was saying in the little white space above his head. I mean, you're looking all around you at this magical, innocent, fantasy world and you see that and it stands out to say the least.
It sounds like you might like a RP (role-playing) server more. While it certainly won't prevent you from EVER seeing that kind of stuff, there'll certainly be less, and more than likely you'll find that you run into people with a similar mindset as yours. However you will be made fun of for being a dork, dork.
Quote:
It's all the kiddie talk that drives me crazy. The "y do u runn 2 ther? y wut quest r u on?" I just get tired of reading through kiddie-speak constantly. It feels like I'm playing with a bunch of eleven year olds.
Plenty of adults use this terminology as well. The descriptor you're looking for is "lazy" not "kid", though the two certainly aren't mutually exclusive. Remember that the mass appeal of WoW attracts people who aren't typically the sort you'd expect to see in a fantasy game setting, so most couldn't care less about attempting to properly spell their words. This kind of writing is AOL-speak.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote