View Single Post
Old 03-27-07, 01:43 PM   #20
Xion X2

Default Re: Good MMORPG to start for n00bs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
90% of the time, you don't want to join a guild that advertises in /general. You meet people as you go, through the LFG tool, or maybe just running into someone by chance. General is not a good tool to use for this, strange as it sounds. This is not always the case, but if idle pointless banter annoys you then /general is the last place you want to be.
Got it, thanks.

Quote:
Plenty of adults use this terminology as well. The descriptor you're looking for is "lazy" not "kid", though the two certainly aren't mutually exclusive. Remember that the mass appeal of WoW attracts people who aren't typically the sort you'd expect to see in a fantasy game setting, so most couldn't care less about attempting to properly spell their words. This kind of writing is AOL-speak.
Ninja, nobody talked that way on Vanguard. And I'm not exaggerating, either. Over hundreds of hours I've never seen anyone on Vanguard talk like that.

It may be a form of "AOL" speak for some, but there's really no excuse in talking like an 8 year old most of the time when others have to read it constantly.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote