View Single Post
Old 03-29-07, 07:03 PM   #5
adamk75

Default Re: See what happens when you don't fix your website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster
Wow... the moderators won't say this, so I will: your attitude sucks, and you won't get much help when you talk to people like that!

That Ubuntu thread makes the Ubuntu users look like a bunch of whining children. There's been a little confusion about driver versions (in the beta series of Ubuntu releases) and people are crying and throwing tantrums because they think they can't have their 3D eye candy.

Ben Collins says that Edgy is supported (and works) right now, and Feisty is not yet. He also says that the driver issue is understood, and Feisty will support the three driver versions.

It seems to me that there was an issue, but it's been recognised and will be sorted out. Why are you now flaming nVidia?
Their lack of initiative in fixing their website (which caused the problem, however minor, in the first place) seems to indicate that they don't really care. The misleading website is the real issue, not this little problem with Ubuntu. And there has been no indication that this issue is being sorted out.

To be fair, I'm not looking for help. I am simply looking for them to own up to their mistakes, fix a problem with their website that has been brought to their attention numerous times, confused numerous users, and at at least one major linux distribution.

As for my attitude... Perhaps it stems from spending a significant amount of time trying to help GF2/GF3/GF4 users get beryl and/or compiz working on their machines, explaining that they don't need to use XGL, that the nVidia website is wrong, and that they're not stuck using the 7184 drivers.

Adam
adamk75 is offline   Reply With Quote