View Single Post
Old 05-14-03, 11:02 PM   #15
digitalwanderer

Talking Please, stop it!!! I wanna go play Vice City!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nv40
yes , but we have already sites and Users Claiming that
Nvidia latest DEtonatorsFX drivers Fixed
3dmark2003 issues...

so until you can proof me that those "slight" errors ,
replicates in EVERYONE!!! using the DEtFx ,
then i see the Extremetech report,
Baseless on non FUndamental FActs..

if those "slight" errors does not happens in everyone
using the DetonatorsFx then its clearly means is not the
Drivers their Issue.
You're physically hurting me sides right now dude, literally!!!

Just to be nice I'll try once to explain it without being nasty:

Those "slight" errors are NOT errors, they are a deliberate hack on nVidia's behalf to NOT render some bits of the scene that wouldn't normally show up anyway.

You claim that's a "No harm, no foul!" since it isn't visibly noticable in games...but that's not the point.

This is a BENCHMARK, and furthermore it's the specific benchmark that nVidia shunned and called meaningless and said they would never optimize drivers for...and that article is VERY CLEAR EVIDENCE that they have indeed been playing very fast and loose with their driver optimizations to cheat their way to a better score.

Not that big of a deal? Well, the two big stories yesterday that I recall reading were the FX slaughtering the 9800 in Doom3 and 3dm2k3. D3 I already know the reasons behind, and while it wasn't cheating it was more a business maneuver than a fair shoot-out in card performance...but THIS one is flat-out cheating.

They're busted, and your arguments are ludicrously funny to me.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]