View Single Post
Old 04-02-07, 11:12 AM   #1
Starbuck

Default EA Account Registration

I'm more than a little pissed at EA and their account policies. Maybe someone could give me some advice on how to deal with this situation.

I have sold two copies of games that require registration on EA's servers to play (CD Keys). I bought the original games retail and have just outgrown them so I sold them to another party. I've done this in that past with other games and they have always allowed me to go through a process of unregistering the CD key so that the new party can play on their system. EA is giving me the run around saying that you can only register a game once and only to the original account. They give me no options.

I am not attlempting to run multiple copies of the game or do anything illegal or unethical, I just want to take my property and transfer it to a second party, legally.

Has anyone dealth with this and how do you go about it. Also, if the only possibility is to give my registered account to the new party, would doing so leave me vulnerable to any fraud, etc. financially? Thanks.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote