Thread: Blu-Ray wth???
View Single Post
Old 04-04-07, 08:24 AM   #10
OWA

Default Re: Blu-Ray wth???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet
I come here from time to time and try and keep up with all the blu-ray vs hd-dvd stuff and I see 7 pages of blu-ray disk and 3 pages of hd-dvd, what is going on, I thought all of you were hardcore hd-dvd people. Since blu-ray has moved to VC-1 ( I think thats right? ) everyone is now moving over?
I don't know...to me it's just a matter of things balancing out. The forum was very anti-blu-ray/pro HD DVD b/c only HD DVD users were posting. Hardly anyone had the capability to play blu-ray titles at the time so there wasn't much reason for any blu-ray info to be posted. Now you have several people with the capability to play blu-ray titles and once people saw there wasn't much difference (i.e. blu-ray isn't the devil), they started voicing their support/opinions/info, etc. So basically, now it's much more balanced b/c you have HD DVD users AND blu-ray users posting instead of just HD DVD users.

Heh, the blu-ray titles thread probably has a lot of pages b/c I've bought a lot of titles. My preference for blu-ray is mostly b/c I'd much rather use the PS3 as a player (my HD DVD player is the x360 addon) and partly b/c I think blu-ray has a better selection of titles available (so far). There are titles I want in both formats though, hence a player for each. Anyway, it doesn't really have much to do with the format itself since I don't notice any difference, most of the time (when I do, it's usually on the early MPEG-2 blu-ray titles).

Blu-ray hasn't moved exclusively to VC-1. They still use MPEG-2, AVC (MPEG-4) and VC-1. It's mostly the dual-format titles that end up with VC-1 on blu-ray. A lot of the newer blu-ray only titles use AVC but there are still a lot of MPEG-2 titles also though.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote