Originally Posted by AaronP
Please generate a verbose log file with "startx -- -logverbose 6" and then generate and attach a bug report.
I'm not on the pc right now. I'll do these tests tomorrow morning (it's quite 22h in France :-) ). I just want to be sure of what I have to do. I'm not a real Linux expert...
1. I start the machine with the generic working driver (nv)
2. I go in level 3 : init 3
3. I change the xorg.conf to launch the nvidia driver Driver=nvidia
3. I launch "startx -- -logverbose 6"
4. I won't see anything from this point (the screen will switch off)
5. Can I call the nvidia-bug-report.sh after having restarted the pc ? I suppose, i can't.
Can I call these function in a .sh and get the log back after reboot the pc with the generic driver ?