View Single Post
Old 04-05-07, 10:07 PM   #19
Xion X2

Default Re: Water cooling... it is really starting to spike my interest-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Okay, also- what do you think of this waterblock:

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/L...3/cl-w0043.asp

Notice that is JUST a water-block, not an "all-in-one" solution. According to their site I should be able to hook it up to any pump and radiator. Would that be overkill? Unnecessary?
When it comes to watercooling, there are 3 rules to live by:

1) Plan on overclocking like a mutha#*@(!()!!
2) Invest in plenty of towels (kidding)
3) Never, ever, EVER buy Thermaltake anything (unless you want to take #2 seriously)

The blocks you want to look at are the Swiftech Apogee GT, D-tek Fuzion, or that one block Ben's mentioned before (MP-05)? I'd advise the Storm, but it's not as good for quad-cores. Thermaltake waterblocks are known to crack left and right. They're crap--just like most of their watercooling supplies are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbiff21
Xion, youre also forgetting that now matter how easy it is for us now, we still had to pour a considerable amount of time into reseaerching all the equipment!
Ohhhh I haven't forgotten that. But he has it a little easier than you and I did. We both went extreme w/ custom parts and had to learn about barb sizes/thread sizes, corrosive properties of metals, anti-corrosive coolants, biocides, pump strength/flow restriction, tubing size, etc etc .. and a kit makes all that decision-making and assembly a lot easier. Not research-free, but easier.

I gave him the links. He knows what he needs to do now.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote