Originally Posted by Redshirt #24
While part of me would love to pull the trigger on an X2/6000+ thanks to this, two things stop me dead in my tracks: the fact that I'd need to get new RAM and a new motherboard along with it (which tangentially means yet another full system do-over--and I'm just not that inclined right now), and the fact that it would at best be a stopgap until the Intel quad-cores drop in price or the Barcelona chips come out...whichever comes first.
(Okay, so maybe Supreme Commander would appreciate it. What else would?)
And so, I wait...
I agree. The fact that it would require a full system do over and close to 600.00 is keeping me away. I'm also waiting for the Barcelona or quad cores to drop in price and then I'll just build another rig and move over to Vista at the same time. Plus I've been on disability since Jan and may be out most of this year so that also plays a major part in this.