View Single Post
Old 04-10-07, 12:37 AM   #29
Xion X2

Arrow Re: Massive AMD Price Drops on X2 6000+ and X2 5600+

Heinz,

I think you should take your advice to me about "going back to read" and do it yourself. I was clearly talking about overclocked performance creating that "significant margin" between the processors. Honestly, I don't know how you could've missed it when I said this on 3 specific occasions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
No it's not. There is simply no comparison between the processors. Your charts are not taking into account how much you can overclock the Core2Duos in relation to how little you can overclock an AMD. Clock for clock the Intels are faster, and I have yet to see anyone on this forum with an AMD chip over 3.2gHz while there are several with Core2Duos up around 3.6-3.8gHz. That is a "significant" performance gap and shows itself in benchmarks such as SuperPi and 3dMark.

.. at stock clocks. If you want to argue that the AMDs are close in gaming performance to the Intels at stock speeds, I'm not going to disagree with you too much

And once you overclock, you get that "significant margin" that I was talking about.
I don't want this thread to degrade into a flamefest, but I honestly don't know how the hell you do not comprehend any of my comments above and get from them that I never referred to the "significant margin" as a result of overclocking. I mentioned it on 3 specific occasions.

Honestly. I mean, Heinz--can you even effen read? Or does your fragile ego just go into overdrive whenever I reply to one of your posts? You and I have gotten into it on here before because you go acting all stupid whenever you're replying back to me; I don't know what your deal is, but you often hear me saying things that I do not say.

Quote:
Wish you would stay away from my posts PERIOD
So I can't add you to my fan club roster then? That's a shame.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote