View Single Post
Old 04-10-07, 05:57 PM   #47
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: Massive AMD Price Drops on X2 6000+ and X2 5600+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68
Great upgrade and for the money you're going to see very nice performance boost.
See AMD Performance Benchmark

If I had socket AM2 I would not think a second about such upgrade.

Now since I also have Freezone I'm very much interested how good it will cool this CPU.

I don't know which 5200+ you have right now, the 65W or 89W model? Anyway the 6000 is rated at 125W thermal power and that's a big increase.
http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desk...=ADX6000IAA6CZ

CooliT System recommends the Freezone for CPUs with total heat output of up to 175W.
Now if not overclocked you're more than safe there.

If you overclock you probably will get close to the 175W max and depending on the increase voltage you might even hit the wall.

If you go over the max 175W the Freezone TEC can handle, the Freezone will work like very low rated water cooling or air cooling. Meaning it wont be able to cool the overclock and will overheat a lot or most likely go in save reboot, depending on the mobo.
You need to watch this since the 6000+ is rated by AMD to run at 55-63C max temp.

AMD definitely needs to bring this CPU out with 65nm technology. I already pointed out in my origional post what AnanTech said about it in the review.
Well, if I have problems with this (overclocking), I will get another alternative cooling method. I was hoping I didn't have to go there, but it looks like I'm gonna have to.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to pimping this thing out like Gib in a new red dress from Kmart.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote