View Single Post
Old 04-10-07, 06:01 PM   #8
rek075

Default Re: Played Everquest 2 for the first time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
See for me it was the principle of the act. I have been an Everquest player for 5 years and throughout those years they were diehard against any player selling ingame items because they did not own them and it would be wrong to sell a virtual item that you have no real claim of ownership to. Well then they turn around and claim that its ok once they open up an ebay where they get a part of the profit? **** em!

Heres my thread on this subject...
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...ation+Exchange
I can understand. I played EQ starting on release day for a few years and I remember all the controversy with EBAY and the constant struggle against bringing EQs economy outside the game. However, I don't see it as much as Sony going 180 degrees on their stance as much as them realizing "We can't stop it, so why not try to control it". I think the fact that its limited to only 2, out of 30, servers (with different rulesets) shows that its there primarily for protecting dubious trading.

Regardless of principle, as a player I think it benefits me. Besides the point I brought up above, I think this also reduces the amount of account/item/gold purchases that occur on servers not supporting the Exchange service.
rek075 is offline   Reply With Quote