View Single Post
Old 04-13-07, 12:39 AM   #21
911medic
Is it football season yet

Default Re: Post Your 8800 Gts Overclocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond
911 , A serious Overclocker would open a topic and speak about BOTH the normal Rivatuner/Coolbits/Powerstrip Overclock AND the Bios Overclock so everyone would know what applies in each case.
He didnt and thus people who read the topic like yourself are guessing that the same restrictions apply for BIOS overclocking.
I hope you understand now.
Since the vast majority of users out there overclock via software, and not via BIOS flashing, I don't necessarily think the two deserve equal consideration. Perhaps a note at the end of the post would be appropriate, but I still fail to see how lack of mentioning BIOS flashing makes him not a "serious overclocker," but we must differ on our definitions of "serious."

TBH, "guessing that the same restrictions apply for BIOS overclocking" never occurred to me, because the only time I've had to flash a video card BIOS to overclock is on my laptop...until somebody unlocked the BIOS so it could be overclocked via software. BIOS flashing to overclock my desktop video card wasn't even on my radar.

Now, if his assertions are true in that post (and I think they are), perhaps more users will turn to BIOS flashing for their overclocking needs.
E4300 @ 3GHz (lapped) || Tuniq Tower 120 (lapped) || Gigabyte EP45-UD3L || eVGA 8800GTS 640MB @ 648/1512/999 || 6GB DDR2-800 @ 5-5-5-15|| 74GB Raptor || 80GB Caviar || 250GB WD || Corsair HX520W || Samsung 225BW 22" LCD (1680x1050) || X-Fi XtremeGamer || Win7 RC x64 || Antec SX1040BII Server Tower || Altec-Lansing ATP3 Speakers
No comprehension to fail; I vacuum the wind for my sail
Can't be the rest; Let others waste my time?
Owning success is the bottom line

911medic is offline   Reply With Quote