View Single Post
Old 04-20-07, 06:47 PM   #1
StormweaverGM

Exclamation Seems like brick walls on all sides... Ubuntu Server 386 + GeForce 6600 GT Vid Card

I've done some searching and I think I just have an issue of not coming up with very good search strings.

I've just installed Ubuntu 386 Server with Edgy Desktop for a GUI.... I know Nvidia says no GLX on the driver...

I followed the instructions for installing Nvidia drivers based on the above and it did go in very nicely. However, I have no Open GL ... Which I need for WoW and a few other programs. What do I need to do to fix this? I know you need some files in order to help with this -- I am however very new to Linux and could use a willing hand to explain what you need, how to get it. From there I know how to post the code on here.

EDIT :: I've now included the bug log requested... Sorry just took a bit to figure out what it meant and how to do it. I could really use the help with this!

EDIT 2 :: I was recommended to try installing 3D Desktop as a testing means for Open GL -- Wow... Failure here.. LOL

Code:
stormweaver@Eye-of-the-Storm:~$ 3ddesk
Attempting to start 3ddesktop server.
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Daemon started.  Run 3ddesk to activate.
Server not found after waiting 5 seconds.
Could not find server.
Try starting manually (3ddeskd)

stormweaver@Eye-of-the-Storm:~$ 3ddeskd
Daemon started.  Run 3ddesk to activate.
stormweaver@Eye-of-the-Storm:~$ Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

Thank you for any help you can offer now!

Stormweaver
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (142.4 KB, 81 views)
StormweaverGM is offline   Reply With Quote