View Single Post
Old 04-23-07, 12:15 AM   #31
Redeemed

Default Re: Evilghost would've been proud. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm

So you use Kubuntu huh? KDE is ok, I prefeer Gnome though, a little easier on the eyes if you want simplicity. Have you tried out 7.04 yet? It's worked very well for me so far minus display drivers but I haven't had a lot of time to fool around with it yet.

Oh, and the command line, it's pretty easy. Once you follow some HOWTOs and tutorials, you will know the basics. Good luck.
LOL

I knew some of you would get a kick out of that.

Well, I'm thinking it might be this hard drive that I'm using. A buddy of mine went through almost the exact same problems I was having, but after he got a new hard drive he no longer had the problems (he was using my copy of XP as well).

So... I'm gonna' get me a new hard drive and see if that solves the problem. If not, oh well. Having an extra 250GB+ hard drive lying around never hurts.

But currently, yes I'm using Kubuntu and no, I have not tried the newest release though. I'm really liking the version I'm using and I'm sure I'd like it even more if I had the proper video card drivers.

Just curious- can you use Digital Vibrance in Kubuntu? Of course, you'd have to get the drivers installed first but once you do- can you adjust settings just like in Windows? Or is it kind of locked down?