View Single Post
Old 04-24-07, 12:06 AM   #6
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: Some advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by test4echo
Hey Toss3,

Thank you very much for taking the time!!!!
I appreciate that!!!
I may take you advice, although i do admit, a rear projection has me a bit iffy, having to buy new bulbs, viewing angles, and such.

I am wondering thou, you didn't mention the Toshiba 42" Plasma an option.
How come?
I've heard that LCD's give a worse SD picture than Plasma. That is a concern for me as I have (right now) Satellite and its only Component capable.
No HDMI on my current receiver. No HDTV on it.

Basically I'm just starting to change over and the only HD i'm gonna see for a few months is VIA an Antenna on the roof...lol.

God I tell yea. This has not been a pleasant process so far.

But you have made it a bit easier. Thanks!!!
Plasmas do have a better picture quality, but that only applies to the better brands aka Pioneer and Panasonic, and those are very expensive. Plasmas also have some issues like burn-in, colours fading and higher power draw. So do yourself a favour and don't get a plasma.

SD-quality material won't really look good on any lcd out there larger than 40". But you should just swing by your nearest retailers and do some comparisons and see if you can find anything you like.