View Single Post
Old 04-26-07, 09:01 PM   #23
rerushg

Send a message via AIM to rerushg
Default Re: 1080i Resolution unused by nvidia-auto-select on 60-inch HDTV, [ Sony KDS-R60XBR1

"There is a workaround (I stress that this is a *workaround*)."

I tried modelines a month or so ago with no luck. Used PowerStrip (in Windows) to generate display identical to what NV Control Panel would do. Nice thing is that PowerStrip will print out a modeline for the timing. Take that over to Linux.

Could not get it going though. Same timings that worked beautifully in WinXP bombed in Linux (FC6). I know I tried in TV-out mode. Note that NV docs say custom modelines are ignored so I was not surprized that it didn't work. Don't recall if I tried DVI out.

The "workaround" referenced goes back to last year when (and in earlier years) modelines were pretty much the only way to get TV display. As I mentioned in an earlier post S-video out with 3-way splitter to component works with proper xorg.conf setup. I got nice 1080i. But needed overscan option to bring display into frame and option did not wotk. Go figure.

Does anyone have custom modelines working with current hardware/drivers/distros? If so please post.

Perhaps Nvidia will comment on this. Are custom modelines supported through DVI?
rerushg is offline   Reply With Quote