View Single Post
Old 04-29-07, 04:48 PM   #4
Son Goku

Default Re: Plugin to deal with WoW gold spammers

Eh, probably the same reason spam in general does. But it's actually nice to know that someone came out with a mod to start blocking some of it...

Actually, I'll mention one of the stupidest, and inane conversations I ended up getting from a complete random. Meh, I'd have stories to tell Gilthanas of what I kept hearing; but this one was so funny in a stupid way, one could almost fall out of their chair laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by level 9 gold spammer
Can I have 5 gold to buy a skill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Your skills don't cost no 5 gold
Quote:
Can I have it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
No!!!
Quote:
I work for this great site called peons for hire. You should really visit us and buy some gold. Then you can give me some, so we can sell it to other people
WTF?

Oh, and mind you, among things some of these gold spammers do; someone in my former guild on my alt realm (it folded) had their account hacked into by one. Not sure how it happened, but Blizzard banned them for exploiting the WoW ecconomy from a time they were away, and couldn't have even logged into their account.

As it turned out, the gold spammer ended up getting a hold of/using their account, and they successfully appealed the ban after Blizzard was sufficiently convinced they were hacked by one of these people.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote