View Single Post
Old 05-02-07, 04:54 PM   #46
js22

Default Re: 1080i Resolution unused by nvidia-auto-select on 60-inch HDTV, [ Sony KDS-R60XBR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerushg
Well js22, it just doesn't sound like you can get any satisfaction.
Yeah, first Mick and now me...

Actually, I don't know why I was thinking of S-video as a fallback, b/c my mobo has component out as well. I tinkered with it early on before I got DVI out working. I've made so many tweaks and changes that I don't remember how good/bad it looks compared to DVI. But now that I've got everything else (cross fingers) straightened out, I think I'll go back and give it a try. For use as a computer monitor, I like the custom DVI modeline I tweaked to correct for overscan. But for video, I think it's best to keep the display at the original resolution and keep the overscan. I've been noticing jagged lines at the top of the screen (closed captioning ?) and a green line at the left edge of the video. Keeping some overscan would hide these. Also when I view 1080i HDTV material on a 720p screen, I get motion artifacts from the de-interlacing. The same material played back in 1080i was perfect (the half that I could see, anyway !)

Anyway, hopefully the component out will look good enough to hold me over until DVI out issue gets fixed.
js22 is offline   Reply With Quote