View Single Post
Old 05-18-03, 12:06 PM   #13
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjames123
According to that logic, ATI should not have been a trusted manufacturer ever since the quake/quack fiasco. [/b]
ATi WASN'T a trusted manufacturerer for a looong time after that, at least in the ATi community that I recall. That's why I always refer to 'em as either the "old ATi" or the "spiffy new ATi".

Seriously. They took their lumps for being busted, and they had to work hard to regain the communities respect/trust..but they did and now they're reaping the rewards of that as is the ATi community. (IMHO, and all that rot. )

nVidia needs to take a good hard look at their current business practices and start to realize that the public does NOT like being decieved and a company getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar TWICE in a short period of time after an over-hyped and much delayed launch should probably take some time to reflect over their policies and practices before they damage their reputation beyond repair.

I'm serious, and I'm not trying to flame. Even if you don't agree with my position on 3dm2k3 can you see how this could be very bad for nVidia in the long run? I mean, there ARE quite a few people besides me who I feel are thinking this way...and they ain't all just ATi fanboys.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote