Thread: Whats wrong ?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-07, 02:14 PM   #23
SwedX
*BANNED*

Default Re: Whats wrong ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
It doesn't have anything to do with a memory problem. Yes, the memory should be able to run at stock speeds, but when you overclock an LGA775 Intel motherboard, it places extra stress on the memory controller that is located in the northbridge. Without getting too technical, while increasing your FSB it often tends to stress the chip to the point of instability. To solve this, you run your RAM at half your FSB and just reduce the timings of the RAM a little in order to compensate for the speed loss.

Run some blend tests in Orthos while surfing the web for a while and see if it freezes up. If it does, then you need to do what I said.

I could never get any of my 680i boards stable w/ an overclock until I did this.
Okey XionX2 I have now set my mem exactly as you said!
My FSB is at 1600. 400*8 = 3200Mhz had to lowered the multi to 8 couse at 9*356 = 3200 it hangs in the blend test Orthos!

And to have a little higher FSB can only be a good thing I gues

So I run my mem in linked/ Sync Mode at 800 Mhz just as you said and I have completed the blend stress test witch took about 2 hours, so it seems very stable now thanks mate
SwedX is offline   Reply With Quote