View Single Post
Old 05-18-03, 03:33 PM   #44
jjjayb

Quote:
Actually, it is because of Futuremark that EVERYONE has to use WHQL drivers. And the current Detonator FX 44.03 is WHQL certified for FX cards. So what's the big deal?
Exactly. What's the bid deal with having to use whql drivers? Except that the non-whql drives you want used lower precision below dx9 standards.

Quote:
You are completely full of it. I read it at [H]OCP, from Kyle's very own mouth! Why don't you email Kyle about it? I'm not going to search through a ridiculously large thread just to satisfy your tastes.
Posted by Kyle on his Radeon 8500 review on Friday, October 19th, 2001 in his 8500 review:

Quote:
We did not get the card till Tuesday morning of this week, the day before Matt Waters, a HardOCP writer, bought one to play with for himself, so we had a card to verify our results with.
This is also where he first discusses quack:

Quote:
We all know that Quake3 is one of the most utilized 3D benchmarks in the world, there is simply no arguing this. We came into possession of a program that you will see more of here soon. It is an .exe file that when placed in the Quake3 directory renames every single instance of the word "quake" to "quack" as well as builds a new quake.exe file named quack.exe. When you run quack.exe, you will find that Quake3 runs exactly as it should.
So tell me, who is full of it? You can dig through the Hardocp forums all you want and you will never find what you claim to be there. It only exists in your head. The only one full of it here is you.
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote