View Single Post
Old 05-18-03, 04:43 PM   #49
John Reynolds

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjames123
We don't know what has happened in UT2003 timedemos, so we can't say one way or another.
Yet since this driver set contains at least two cheats that we know of, how can we be sure they don't contain more? The answer? Until more testing is done, we don't. So in the meantime I think it safe to not put too much stock in a driver set that contains an as-yet-undetermined # of cheats.

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that timedemo's change every time you run them, is this true? This certainly doesn't invalidate all the other true gaming benchmark's though (like Doom 3, Quake 3, etc).
If you have to ask this you should be reading a Harry Potter book instead of arguing your illogical points in this thread. If a timedemo changed after every run, what would be the point of using it??

OK, I've wasted enough of my time with this thread. One athlete ran his race fairly (insofar as we know) while the other got caught redhanded cheating his as$ off. The cheating athlete's fans are now crying foul because they didn't know about the helicopter in the sky. Fans of the other athlete are laughing their butts off. Those who just want a fair race, such as myself, are scratching their heads at both camps, somewhat depressed by this sad situation.
John Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote