View Single Post
Old 05-18-03, 04:25 PM   #67
digitalwanderer

Talking Hey, you're right!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ady
Get over it already. I know that you're not going to change my mind no matter what is said. It's a cheat, it's plain and simple.

It's also rather obvious that..

1. Ati fans will think it's a cheat. Even if they don't really understand or read up on it.
2. Nvidia fans will think it's NOT a cheat. Even if they don't really understand or read up on it.
3. People that don't care either way will still judge this as a cheat.
Thanks Ady, you really cheered me up about this whole mess by putting it in it's proper perspetive.

I ain't gonna change any nVidia fanboys minds here, and the ATi fanboys it's preaching to the choir...but that all important "3. People that don't care either way will still judge this as a cheat" is the one that I spaced.

Here, let me quote it again...it fills me all up with happy for some odd reason:

Quote:
3. People that don't care either way will still judge this as a cheat.
The fanboys are going to be loyal to nVidia no matter what, but the more open minded "middle-of-the-road-the-brand-ain't-as-important-as-performance" people will know the truth.

Thanks, I feel better.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
just for the record

if john does say something... I would regard it with great consideration based on his reputation and posts @ other forums...

insults are never positive but consider that you are disregarding logical statements for hyposthesis that are more difficult to comprehend than things that should be clearly visible... ie... no clipping panes == no-no considering this particular benchmark... and the way timedemo's work...
Seconded.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote