View Single Post
Old 05-05-07, 02:55 PM   #1
mdelorme

Default Xorg will not start with nVidia glx module

Hello,
I've just switched from Gentoo Linux to FreeBSD 6.2, and am having trouble making use of the nvidia-driver port. I've installed the port and configured my xorg.conf file appropriately. My problem is that xorg crashes while starting if I load the glx module.

Interestingly enough, it appears that this is a problem with my mouse in combination with the glx module. When I startx, the nVidia splash screen appears for a few seconds, then Xorg crashes before loading the mouse on screen. However, if I move the mouse WHILE the nVidia splash screen is up, Xorg crashes the second the mouse is touched. Inspecting my Xorg.0.log file somewhat confirms this since X seems to crash when adding my mouse to the server layout. Again, this is only a problem when glx is loaded. I am using a EVGA 6200 TourboCache, Xorg 6.9, and a USB mouse that gets "automagically" mapped to /dev/sysmouse at boot time (my PS/2 port is out of commission, so I've no alternative as far as a mouse is concerned). I've attached my xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

xorg.conf.txt

Xorg.0.log
mdelorme is offline   Reply With Quote