View Single Post
Old 05-06-07, 07:16 AM   #19
Demon_82
El Destructor

Default Re: 3DMark performance difference in Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMx
Well consider this:

Linux which has been out for years still runs many of the applications as it did years ago, even more effectively.

Windows which has been out near enough the same time as Linux, yet it doesn't even run software well from only a few years back (98, etc)

Face it, Microsoft sucks and Windows XP has been their best operating system to date. Now, when XP was first released I thought it was junk too, but shortly afterwards Service Packs were released and it impressed me and I love it to date.

Until Vista proves me otherwise, I will stand firm by my opinion, and a lot of my friends also value my opinion when it comes to anything PC-wise (none of them have as an extensive knowledge as me).

Microsoft really needs to pull up their act, people don't want everything located inside Control Panel and people don't want millions of popups saying this program wants to run, or you don't have enough permissions to move folders around inside Program Files (even though you're an Administrator).

I currently work as an IT Support Officer for the NHS, and I think that our calls will TRIPLE when the NHS migrates to Vista.

That is all.
Linux has been out for years and has been suffering slight modifications, knowing that it has a lesser software base and that it needs to conserve it. Windows isn't the same OS every time it changes name, and they know that for most of the time, the other software developers will adapt their products to the changes made to Windows from version to version. And if you look back, every new windows verison ahs been slower than the previous one in it's first year at last. I don't see what's the trouble this time... I've been running it since december and I got about a 10% of the troubles I was having with XP in the same time. It's not that bad, as it's neither perfect.
6 x 2GB Kingston ValueRam DDR3 1333 @ 1520
Nox Pulsar 750w / Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64Bits
Demon_82 is offline   Reply With Quote