I managed to resolve the problem.
First I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 4363 driver. Then I installed it over itself, still nothing. Then I unistalled it and did an rpm -V on the entire XFree set of rpms and repaired the ones it didnt like. After reinstalling the 4363 driver and it not fixing it, I considered throwing my shiny new card out of the window.
I went tot he archive site and downloaded the previous driver, 4349. I rpm -V'ed the XFree distrib again and installed the 4349 driver and all works fine.
No chance I try the 4363 driver again. Ugh, what a nightmare... That is a day of my life I will never get back!