View Single Post
Old 05-15-07, 12:39 PM   #74
js22

Default Re: 1080i Resolution unused by nvidia-auto-select on 60-inch HDTV, [ Sony KDS-R60XBR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerushg
Way to go js22. I agree with you: don't know why -/- fixed it. I'm used to seeing +/+ for interlaced modes. Lots of flicker doesn't sound right, though, if you're actually getting 60hz. You might check it with xrandr.
Sounds like a little tweaking will get it. I know you don't have internet at home so we'll look for you tomorrow.

Wow, I never new about xrandr. Very cool tool.

As for the flickering : it's not the whole screen flickering, but rather the edges of horizontal objects. Say the border of a window is grey, and the desktop blue. Then a single horizontal row of pixels on the boundary will sometimes be painted grey, sometimes blue. It sort of pulsates between the two. I don't know if its a full 30 Hz -- it's slow enough to see quite clearly. The effect is to make the window (toolbar, letter, etc.) look like its sort of vibrating up and down, like I drank too much Red Bull or something. When I play video of a "normal" scene - not a whole bunch of horizontal geometric objects - there is no flicker at all.

Now that I've got a foothold into 1080i, it's time to start poking around. I don't recall what my various nvidia-settings are; the one's dealing with V sync might be the ticket.
js22 is offline   Reply With Quote