View Single Post
Old 08-29-02, 01:11 PM   #82
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally posted by pelly
Let me address this current trend of dismissing 3dMark...Personally, I do not live by benchmark numbers and I do not brag to everyone about my scores. However, I do feel that they represent solid information regarding the performance of my system.

Here, I can witness the weight each component has upon the overall system performance. ( ie: CPU scaling and/or differences between graphic cards )

If there is a large jump in performance in 3dMark, I think it is safe to assume that there will be a good jump in performance across the boards with games. Granted, some will be effected more than others. My point is that they generally all have performance increases.

3dMark is great when you don't have the time to fire-up half a dozen games or so and you just want to see if there are any major changes. In this case, there are and I am a happy camper because of it.

tru dat! rarely do I have time to run individual benches of my fav games. I think of 3dmark more as a generalized benchmark prog like pelly, if I see an overall speed increase I'm happy. Can't wait to give this puppy a try in UT though
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote