View Single Post
Old 05-29-07, 11:36 AM   #39
evilchris

Default Re: I've got to admin, Sony's got brainwashing down perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis
I HAVE a Toshiba A1 dude (first gen HD DVD player - the lowest end). It is now collecting dust because it was a pain in the ass to use. God damned thing was slow as hell to use and buggy as hell. The 360 HD DVD gives just as good a picture and is way easier to use. If you walked a block in my shoes with this HD DVD deal you would totally see where I am coming from. I am not a fan boy of any paticular technology I just want decent HD dude. The setup I have now works well. Would a top-of-the-line HD DVD and BR unit work better? Sure. I don't care to shell out another couple grand for a slight improvement. As it is I am having custom speakers built (several thousand dollars) and am looking for a good receiver to pair with them (likely Denon). I am also looking for a sub.

A Toshiba HD-XA2 is $500, not a couple grand. If you think an X360 HD DVD addon even comes remotely close to it in A/V quality then you are a lost cause. The improvement isn't slight, it's massive. I've ran an HD-A1, XA1, A2, XA2 and X360 addon. I don't need to "walk a block" in your shoes as I've been further.