View Single Post
Old 05-22-03, 02:20 PM   #51
digitalwanderer

Talking Ooooh, lemme take a swing at #2!

Quick gaming break, I have to catch me breath.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fusion
2, is a so-called cheat, in a benchmark only the PC elite are using.
And it isn't visible to us mortals, and doesn't affect IQ.

And why did top websites have to post this finding on the front page ? And in the manner they did.
You're forgetting one thing about that benchmark that is used exclusively by "the PC elite"....nVidia is using it to herald their card as the undisputed King. If it didn't mean anything except to the "PC elite" do you really think everyone would be making such a big deal about it?

Quote:
Why not email Nvidia about it first, see if they do something about it in a possible 'fix', THEN report it ?
Funny thing, I tried e-mailing 'em. They tried their damndest to get me fired, but they still haven't returned my e-mail.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote