View Single Post
Old 05-22-03, 04:04 PM   #56
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by jbirney
Dont know about that as most people I know where not playing Q3 back then Q3 servers had fallen off to other games like RtCW seemed to be the big hit back then. BTW at least with that Q3 you actually got some performance gain out of the "cheat/bug". If you did not like the IQ changes you could always drop the slider bar on the textures down one notch and still enjoy the speed gains. Please show me how this cheat/bug in 3dmarks works in real games.....

I would bet a much larger amount knows about 3dmark. Look at any PC magazine that they have Video card "reviews" and you will see out of the 2 or 3 benchmarks they use 3dmarks is usually one of them.

???? It was 5 textures. Almost all review sites missed this on the initial 8500 reviews even thought they showed Q3 screenies. It was only when NV provided them with the hints that they saw it.

Yea any one can download 3dmarks and run it. That's not elite. The current facts are that drivers have been increasing 3dmarks scores for awhile at the same time they are providing more smearing and other artifacts in 3dmarks.

I love this one. Just because you can not see it its not a cheat? Wow.

They were not handed the info as nV provide sites with the tool to rename and run Q3. Only beta partners have access to this version of 3dmarks. All the websites that are beta partners have confirmed they see this. Besides do you think that Anandtech, HardOCP, FS and the others have the techincal know how to understand? I dont think so.

Dave over at B3D sent them an email with his findings and asked nV for a explanation. That was on May 8th. Its now they 22nd. ATI had their Q3 fix 2 weeks after the cards have shipped. But publicly acknowledge this a week before. How much more time does nV need? Sorry NV has lost my trust with all of the dealings with the NV30 and prior actions.
nice little response eh... good info...

one thing to back up your statements...

the 3dmark03 benchmark was dled over 1 million times within the first week... around 1.5 million per guestimates...

thats a LOT of users don't you think ? and its been many a month since the software was released.. I am sure a few more people have gotten their hands on it since..

the fact that some of these people may choose not to use the program means jackall since they dled it.. they must have had at least ONE run (unless technical difficulties popped up)

so... one of 2 things...

either there are MILLIONs of ELITE pc users or the benchmark really is popular...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote