View Single Post
Old 05-22-03, 09:16 PM   #11
DeVioSiTY

Default Nvnet = no compile

I have never been able to get the nvidia supplied drivers to actually compile so I can add it into my kernel. I'm using debian 3.0 (woody), and custom kernels. I was running 2.4.21-rc1 and never had any luck getting the nvnet drivers. I figured I would try 2.4.21-rc3 and still have no luck. It errors out with the following: cc -c -Wall -DLINUX -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -D__KERNEL__ -O -Wstrict-prototypes -DCONFIG_PM -fno-strict-aliasing -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -falign-functions=4 -DMODULE -I/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/include nvnet.c
In file included from nvnet.h:20,
from nvnet.c:21:
/usr/src/linux-2.4.21/include/linux/module.h:21:34: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [nvnet.o] Error 1

Of course I use Debian since Redhat is now less than worthless, and as a matter of principal I never ever have module support. I've submitted a bug to the bug list for these drivers, but that was weeks ago and I doubt they will ever allow this driver to be compile into the kernel. This is on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. The only features of this board I am using (or trying to use) are the NICs. I got the 3com to work with some patches, and it should work with the new kernel patch, but I just can never get anything to compile for the garbage nvnet driver supplied from nvidia. Any help will be appreciated.
DeVioSiTY is offline   Reply With Quote