View Single Post
Old 06-02-07, 08:26 PM   #18
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: I think I have lost my mind . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
Gnome here. Menu management, available packages and over all performance just seem more robust, more intuitively layed out and much snappier to me. I also have never (not since fc2 days..I should say) had Gnome crash on me. I played with the last 3 versions of KDE and while it's coming along nicely, I always, always wind up with some type of crash.

I also played with Enlightenment for a long time. That's a desktop that has a seriously kick-ass WOW factor if set up properly, but it can drive you crazy configuring it.

As far as the NV drivers, I figured out what I was doing wrong, and the last 2 installs were quick and painless..kudos to nv for great support.
KDE is just weird to me, it also takes more hardware resources. Even configured to my likings, I still never got used to it and all the "K's". K this, K that. Gnome has just always been better. I thought I had installed Enlightenment at one point but never fooled around with it. Oh well. Installing NV drivers for me for any version of Ubuntu pre-7.04 has been easy. However with the latest version, it wants to install it's own NV drivers and nothing else. Oh well.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote