View Single Post
Old 06-05-07, 12:35 AM   #40
gtbrad

Default Re: Satisfaction / dissatisfaction with nvidia

I am very satisfied with Nvidia drivers. But, that is not to say that there are not things that I would like to see improved.

1. A wiki of some sort just to give everyone a little bit of a glipse into Nvidia's world.

Ok, first this would be a good PR move for Nvidia, and it would create even more goodwill among the community. I think the possitive success that Opera has had with their developer wiki is a perfect example. Post do not have to be that often (every 1 - 2 weeks), but it really is something simple that helps the everyone feel like they know what is going on and that they are not talking to a corperate brick wall. Again, I think Opera has found it is better to tell everyone "hey, we are busy at work, will let you know when there is something new to talk about" than just staying silent.

2. A centeralized list of Nvidia bugs.

Now, for some reason no one ever wants to do this (maybe a lawyer thing, who knows), but to me, it would seem that having a list that everyone can look at to see if a bug has already been reported, or is a new aspect to a already known bug is easier than having everyone email the same old bug reports over and over again. Also, again it is another simple feedback thing, which tells the community that Nvidia knows about a problem. I know I have sent in many a bug report to places (none to Nvidia yet for the record), and I have really wondered if anyone ever reads them (althought I am sure the public statement is "yes of course"). I am not one to really care about priorities and the like, I just want to know that someone is really listening and that I am not the only one seeing a certain problem.

Now, I know that these things take time, and that things like a centeralized bug list would add more fuel to the bug bashers, but you know what, those guys are going to play arm chair developer anyway. I also think these seem to hit a pretty nice balance of public feedback, yet ease of implementation.

Lastly, one thing I want to remind the developers, I know we (the community) can be mean, outspoken, and impatient, but we only do it because we are excited about Nvidia drivers and how they make our lives better. I think that gets lost sometimes, but it is really a good problem to have, people really caring about a product and its success.

Keep up the good work!
gtbrad is offline   Reply With Quote