Originally Posted by netllama
I have a few questions:
0) Does this problem persist if you remove 'rhgb quiet' from your GRUB configuration (and reboot)?
1) Have you verified that you're using the latest motherboard BIOS?
2) How many simultaneous X servers are running when this problem occurs?
3) Does this problem persist if you're not using the Composite extension in X?
0) Yes, I replicated the crash after removing these boot options.
1) No, I will look into this if it looks straightforward enough that I won't turn it into a brick.
2) Just 1, I am now only testing the bug by logging into X (once), and switching back and forth to the console with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and back with Alt+F7 (which is when the crash occurs)
3) Yes, I did not have the composite extension enabled at any point. (as far as I can tell it's supposed to be enabled in the Extensions section of xorg.conf)