View Single Post
Old 05-23-03, 07:15 PM   #16
Grrrpoop
Wey aye man!

Quote:
Originally posted by OICAspork
LOL, I wish I'd seen that [H]ard thing before it was pulled... is it still up and reworded? If so, please link to it... o.o; I didn't see it myself...
No, it got reworded and is gone now, but from memory it was something like the following:

Quote:
Posted by Steve 10:50 AM (CDT)
3DMark Patch:
Futuremark has released a patch for 3DMark 2003 that eliminates "artificially high scores" for people using NVIDIA Detonator FX drivers. This is in response to the news item we posted last week ( as did several sites ). This goes to show that 3Dmark is completely irrelevant as a benchmark as we stated.

Thanks to everyone who sent this one in.

Recently, there have been questions and some confusion regarding 3DMark®03 results obtained with certain NVIDIA drivers. We have now established that NVIDIA’s Detonator FX drivers contain certain detection mechanisms that cause an artificially high score when using 3DMark®03. We have just published a patch 330 for 3DMark03 that defeats the detection mechanisms in the drivers and provides correct results.
My paraphrasing is a little off, but I think I got the tone spot-on..

Kyle's frontpage character-assassination of ET was low, they deserve an apology but I doubt he 'll do the right thing.

Only guy from [H] who's commented with any credibility is Brent, he seems like a cool guy (and he has a superhero name - Brent Justice)

I'm sure that in Kyle's head he's still thinking "well if you can't see it, it's just an optimisation.."