View Single Post
Old 05-24-03, 12:11 AM   #63
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Not for a benchmark it doesn't.

If you replace a part of a benchmark with your own creation in order to improve your scores for the benchmark, no matter how crappily the benchmark is coded for whatever architecture you're using, you're corrupting the benchmark. Plain and simple.

For a game? Sure. I'm ALL FOR IT. But for a benchmark? No. Otherwise, you'd have to be dependent on a driver team to optimize for every game on the planet in order to get similar performance.
This is exactly why I have stated why you cannot trust a synthetic benchmark for accurate determination of performance, It's supposed to be Generic, And it's obviously not.

Whether or not these optimisations are "cheating" or not, I could really care less,

In Both cases, The optimisations requiire specific coding for the specific aplication in this case,
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members