View Single Post
Old 06-19-07, 11:55 AM   #1
apockoffork

Post vanilla 2.4.22 kernel installation problems

I am trying to install the drivers for a geforce FX 5200 on a Fedora core 1 installation. I recompiled a new vanilla 2.4.22 kernel (the same version as the FC1 kernel). The drivers installed fine on teh FC1 Kernel but not on the vanilla kernel (which is what I need). I have attached the installer log. However when I try to compile and install the drivers manually (using the make file in the package) i get a slightly more detailed error.

n:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/bin:/sbin" modprobe nvidia && \
echo "nvidia.o installed successfully."; \

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/atm/he.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/char/phnpci.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: unresolved symbol release_console_sem
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license
and it has unresolved symbols. The module may be trying to access
GPLONLY symbols but the problem is more likely to be a coding or
user error. Contact the module supplier for assistance, only they
can help you.

/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.o: insmod nvidia failed
make[1]: *** [package-install] Error 255
make: *** [install] Error 2

The kernel was compiled on the same version of gcc as the one that I have. I have tried searching the forum but I could not find a solution.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-installer.log (4.3 KB, 101 views)
apockoffork is offline   Reply With Quote