View Single Post
Old 05-25-03, 09:15 PM   #13
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveBaumann
We've not actually stated anything, other than it looks odd. And, yes, you are correct - the FX should be fine with PS1.1, which is why I find it odd that this issue should occur in the first place. Its even odder that it occurs on some parts of the same architecture but not others.

I thinks its evident that the R300 ASIC that 9500 uses had some issues with PS1.1:

http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/ati/r350/index.php?p=15

Both R350 and RV350 cleaned these issues up, and the difference in performance with SC is just a real world example of that.

Well, I think its possible that both companies have not properly optimised for this game. I do really believe it to be strange that the FX is having issues with with 1.1 shaders,

But we probably should note that the FX 5200 architecture is a bit different than the 5600 Ultra and 5800 ultra, Due to the z compression ect,

So its not improbable to assume it could be related to that. If Nvidia "is" cheating in the benchmark. The Results are very under whelming.

Interesting note, About the r300 and Splinter Cell. perhaps there's hope for performance in this game yet
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote