View Single Post
Old 05-25-03, 09:26 PM   #74
Spotch

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
nice response sean...

here's my thing with kyle though...

fair enough if he is not aware of the situation.. he can reserve judgement on nvidia's side of matters...

but... the speed with which he attacked (and I would consider it an attack purely based on the terminology used) ET and the fact that he practically dismissed the document put forth by futuremark is not really a sign of an un-biased 'journalist'

seeing the way he reported the quake issue even with the evidence @ hand and the handling of this matter... it is very apparent there appear to be different standards... whether it is because of bias to a particular IHV or whether it has anything to do with his rather apparent dislike for 3dmarko03 (and therefore perhaps futuremark ? ) I can't say...

but the fact of the matter is we have evidence of something going on... which when disabled renders a product in a not so attractive light... and instead of making ANY comments on this... kyle is making rather thinly veiled accusations at the people reporting this matter rather than discussing anything related to nvidia's side of things... ie how these optimizations affect us...

whether kyle likes 3dmark03 or not is NOT in question... nvidia's use of 'optimizations' is... and yes... while kyle does have a distinct style of reporting... it is disturbing to see the way he has handled this matter...

fair enough... if more info is required... so be it... kyle could have taken the high road and done like anandtech and toms and NOT implicated himself in this matter in the manner he has...

comments made about kyle are based on HIS actions thus far... and are not based on rumours or innuendo... they are based on cross-referencing what we.. the consumers... are seeing on various sites/the futuremark .pdf/independent testers

I am willing to wait to see what happens... I have no problems with that... I just wish kyle had decided to do the same...

ergo... I will 'trust' kyle perhaps when I see what he has to say on the full matter and to see if he manages to do this without throwing out petty and utterly useless accusations concerning other sites and benchmark devs...

-edit- btw nvidia has taken the same route as kyle in attacking futuremark and implying ati's connection rather than taking anytime whatsoever to address the fact that their drivers have been shown to be acting improperly in a benchmark...
NVIDIA has taken the same route as Kyle? Your joking right? Kyle has NV's cork up his sellout arse and thats the fact jack. I wouldn't be surprised if they put him up to his original Futuremark attack with promises of gold and jewels. (And more special Doom 3 like benchmarks) He is in this for the money... he is no longer a journalist, he is a billboard with NV Biach stamped on his forehead! But thats just my opinion, yours may differ.

Spotch is offline   Reply With Quote