View Single Post
Old 05-26-03, 12:48 AM   #80
Behemoth
radeon 9800 pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
nvidia did not shuddle instructions though

btw... how is it possible for futuremark to cheat ?

it is THEIR benchmark... THEY are not an IHV that is running hardware using the software... I have no idea what you mean by futuremark cheat...

further.. ET did not GUESS... they had enough evidence to suggest it was put in place on purpose... ie... code chcked applciation being run and ran optimizations based on that info...

couple of other things..

you read through the futuremark report... they have provided the FILES that nvidia's drivers changed and replaced in order to run the benchmark...

there have been pictures posted on various websites incl this one showing the difference in precision as well in gt4 in the water.. and we have already seen teh sky

concerning the optimizations... read up in these forums about what uttar has to say as well as checking the frontpage of www.rage3d.com for sweeny's explanation of shaders and optimizations...

perhaps that will shed some light

enjoy..
i believe futuremark is possible to cheat. but why would futuremark want to cheat? please forgive me i dont want to go over it once again.
thanks for your kind info on the couple of other things. i am sure they may change my view on nvidia.

Last edited by Behemoth; 05-26-03 at 12:57 AM.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote