View Single Post
Old 06-26-07, 12:28 PM   #1
jawinterton

Default 6800xt "nvidia" driver problem in Fiesty Fawn

I'm pretty new so I am really confused at what is going on. I am trying to get my 6800xt to work with the correct driver and with "nvidia" in my xorg.conf. This is the error I am getting though:

(WW) NVIDIA(GPU-0): Failed to determine GPU name
(II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU Unknown (Unknown) at PCI:1:0:0 (GPU-0)

In my xorg.conf if I use the "nv" driver, gnome will load, if I used the "nvidia" driver (after I installed and ran Envy), it would not load. I would get an error asking me if I'd like to view the output of what happened. This is essentially the information that I have in the above error.

Alberto Milone, the guy who made Envy (I think), told me after viewing my log files that I should probably come here (see: http://albertomilone.com/wordpress/?p=94#comment-2905 ). At that link you will also be able to scroll down and read my log files.

I recently found out that if I use the "nvidia" driver in my xorg.conf file it will now load and Beryl works, but my network connection doesn't ever connect. When I change it back to "nv" Beryl doesn't completely work and my connection does work.

Naturally I would like to have both working beryl and a network connection under the correct drivers. Any suggestions? I tried loading NvAGP with "nvidia" in my xorg.conf but my network connection was still not working.
jawinterton is offline   Reply With Quote