View Single Post
Old 06-29-07, 06:41 PM   #4
Redeemed

Default Re: Thinking of selling some speakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
I don't know about selling that, but as far as what you are going to replace it with, I keep hearing rave reviews about onix speakers from pretty much every audio related forum I currently regular at, and they are relatively inexpensive. I am thinking I am going to buy a 5.1 set of their low end (x-series) speakers myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I think you're better off keeping them.
I cannot keep them. If I do, they'll end up getting blown- trust me.

Anyhow, here are some pics of the speakers that will replace them.

The replacements are the ones on the left. The boxes are some old Fisher boxes I found at a second hand shop- in mint condition, just missing the original speakers. So I bought two 15s for each box and have just been using them as subs for now... but they'll soon become my new front pair. My only problem is the source for my speakers is no longer available... so I'm wondering where to go to get the full range and tweeter. I've thought about using some car speakers that support 8-ohm input, but I've noticed those tend to cost more than just regular 4-ohm car speakers.

So, I guess what I'm asking is this- how much do you guys think these LXI's will go for, and where would be the best place to get the full-range and tweeter for my new fronts? Would it be okay to use 8-ohm car speakers?

Thanks again for your advice.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote