Re: crazy colors! 100.14.09 with 8600m on macbook pro
> I saw what you linked to but it would be nice to have it summarised.
- boot osx
- attach 2nd screen, activate output to screen
- attach external keyboard
- close lid, press key to let the mb wake up again
- the osx taskbar thingy is now on the 2nd screen, the internal display is switched off
- open lid again, internal display stays off (<- step probably not needed..)
- restart OSX via 2nd display controls
- boot linux, embrace your working nvidia driver
- start writing a kernel modules for display backlight and sound
It persists through power cycle. But the next time you boot OSX(or windows?), you will need to repeat the procedure.