View Single Post
Old 07-03-07, 02:11 PM   #183
MCMcButtah

Default Re: first display on twinview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaul
In Gnome, "Alt+Space, M"
In KDE, "Alt+F3, M"
Either of these causes the mouse to jump to the center of the window with a "mover" cursor. Move the mouse to move the app to your screen, click and release to drop the window.

That sounds like you either need meta modes defined, you aren't using twinview with the xinerama extensions, or you aren't using twinview at all. Probably you need meta modes.

I have, for example, a meta "1280x1024,1280x1024;1280x1024,null" The second takes effect automagically when I run full screen games (cedega, wine, native, w/e) and leaves the right monitor blank (null) while the game's centered on the left monitor.

Thanks for the reply, I would love to fix this I have my metamodes defined as "1600x1200,1920x1200;null,1920x1200". My secondary monitor does shutoff like it is supposed to, but I still have the 1/2 across the screen problem. I believe the reason you do not have an issue is because you have your primary monitor on the left. When I define my primary monitor as the left screen I do not have this problem.

I will try the keyboard shortcut for moving my windows, thanks for the tip. I usually right click in the taskbar and say move, but some dialogue boxes do not generate a taskbar entry if the parent app is already in the taskbar.
MCMcButtah is offline   Reply With Quote