View Single Post
Old 07-05-07, 04:42 PM   #1
ian_man

Default 7400 GO blank screen!

Hello, I've been trying for the past few days to get the Nvidia linux drivers to work with the 7400 GO on my dv8000 notebook. I've tried installing the official Nvidia drivers manuallys per the instructions on this forum's sticky, I've tried using the restricted driver manager in Ubuntu Feisty, I've also tried using the livna drivers on Fedora 7, everything results in X starting with a black screen. I am unable to start a virtual console or otherwise recover, and must reboot. I have even tried using xorg.conf files which work for other people with the 7400 GO, but with not luck. The frustrating part is there are no errors in the Xorg.0.log. So here I am hoping one of you can make sense of all this. I reinstalled Ubuntu on my system, installed the drivers from the Nvidia website, and started X with the logverbose 6 flag. I have also generated an nvidia-bug-report.log. Along with these logs, you will find the xorg.conf file attached. The only thing I can think of is that video is being sent to the external monitor port, instead of the built in LCD. I will try to find a monitor to test this, in the meantime I hope you guys will have a chance to look over the attached files and give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance,
~Ian

Edit: I renamed the xorg.conf file to xorg.conf.txt because it would not let me upload it
Attached Files
File Type: log Xorg.0.log (18.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (94.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (3.7 KB, 84 views)
ian_man is offline   Reply With Quote