View Single Post
Old 07-10-07, 06:13 PM   #1
C-J

Arrow Single, Twinview, metamodes order, and bounding box...

A general query, if I may...

I have a set-up with two identical monitors, using Twinview, and two metamodes (see below).

I boot X default with Twinview across both screens, though often switch to the second metamode when I don't need the second monitor.
Code:
Option	    "metamodes" "DFP-0: 1280x1024_75 +0+0, DFP-1: 1280x1024_75 +1280+0; DFP-0: 1280x1024_75 +0+0, DFP-1: NULL;"
Two things that would make my life easier:

1. To default boot into what is currently metamode 2. Reversing the metamode order, though, leaves me with a bounding box problem (scrolling DFP-0 across a 2560x1024 desktop with a 2560 wide kicker on start-up).
I understand the issue is the bounding box, but seeing how I can so easily change from metamode 1 to 2 with the Nvidia control GUI without the wider bounding box problem, I wonder what is it that the control GUI does extra, and can this be replicated on start-up?

2. Could someone tell me how find/create a keyboard shortcut for changing between metamodes? Yes, I know, probably right in front of my eyes, but I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Lastly, is this the correct approach in general, e.g. is there a problem in running only one monitor with Twinview (resources or such); or should I really be using a completely different approach?

Thanks for listening, much appreciated...!
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (113.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (2.8 KB, 88 views)
C-J is offline   Reply With Quote