View Single Post
Old 07-12-07, 06:18 AM   #6
radu.c

Post Re: Tried and true HDTV 1080i settings?

Using the "NoVertRefreshCheck" override is not such a good idea, but it doesn't help anyway. The modeline IS accepted with or without it. It's just that the driver seems to output 30 Hz instead of 60 Hz on DVI.

I attach the Xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log files. I added the "my" prefix to the modeline name this time, to test your theory, but it doesn't make any difference at all.

The Xorg.0.log file was made with -logverbose 9. You may notice how the driver thinks it's validating a 30 Hz mode. Also, look in the xorg.conf file and see that the vertical refresh range is 59-61 (as draconic as it can get, leaving a +/- 1Hz tollerance level), so a 30 Hz Modeline wouldn't pass the validation tests. Later in the log, it says that the 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz mode has the same parameters it validated when it saw it as 30 Hz.

As you can see, I'm trying my best to tell the nvidia driver not to second guess what I want. And with the current config, I did just that. From my point of view, this looks like a driver bug (people say that 1080i over DVI works just fine under Windows).
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 xorg.conf.bz2 (1.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: bz2 Xorg.0.log.bz2 (10.4 KB, 85 views)
radu.c is offline   Reply With Quote