View Single Post
Old 07-15-07, 10:10 AM   #37
Hambone

Default Re: have you ever bought wow gold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I've done it and I'm not ashamed one bit. Unlike the anti gold farming advocates, I have a career and a life which includes a wife and family. Work and chores need to be done in real life. Working in a game that's supposed to be fun isn't on top of my priorities.
Yep, that's about where I am. I've bought "gold" in the past for:
-EQ2
-CoH
-WoW

I have a wife and one of those full time adult "job" things. From the start, even 50g in WoW can buy you some big bags, bank slots, and some better gear to take a lot of the stress off.

I think I've made 10 different gold transactions over the last few years and have never had a problem of any kind from doing it.

Also... I was a big user of Evercraft. I never used the "GM" Protection and ran 5 toons up to lvl 70 crafters. Even though the crafting system in EQ2 has been dumbed down really close to the moron level WoW crafting system, it's still a long grind fest to get to 70. I'd load a crafter up to where they could barely move - with all bank vault boxes in their bag slots and plan out a long craft grind for them - leaving them running from the time I got home from work till the time I got up in the morning. I kept waiting to get banned ... I was being so careless about it. I never heard anything about it at all. In fact there were crafting botters and Broker (auction house) botters that I swear were on 24/7 for weeks at a time. I made GM ticket complaints about one of these three times just to see if anything would ever happen, but it never did.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote